Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3-Minute Fiction

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/17/133845005/teeth

This short story caught my attention because it was focusing on a relationship between a little girl and her aunt who comes to stay with her.  In the story, the aunt moves into the little girl's bedroom and constantly repeats, "Be true to your teeth."At first the little girl isn't very excited that she has to share her room with her old aunt, and she has to get used to being around her morning routines.  However, something that sticks with her is what she always tells her, "Be true to your teeth."  She didn't pay much attention to her aunt, but one day, her dad came outside where the girl was sitting and told her that she had passed away in her sleep.  She didn't cry, but immediately remembered what her aunt had always told her.

I liked this story because it tells me that with the relationships in my life, I should remember certain things that my mom or sister or other relative tells me that will make me remember them forever.  I have had grandparents pass away in the past, and there are still things that make me remind them of them, and lessons that I have learned that I know will stay with me in my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment